Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Texas Chapter 9 - Happy Birthday To Me!!!

This very lucky Friday the 13th was my 33rd Birthday. I wasn't really thinking about it much because I wasn't home with David. Then Daidre and Kent told me we were going out. Yippee!!! I was really excited because I don't get out much these days:) They took me out to eat at a place I have never been; Texas Roadhouse. We met Kent there because it was close to his work. He ordered our food and waited for us to arrive. Daidre brought her camera to document my evening.

While you wait for your food you are suppose to eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. It reminded me of the restaurant my dad worked at many, many, many years ago; Northwoods Inn.


Kent ordered me a Filet Mignon, a baked sweet potato, salad, and ribs. The food was soooo good I wished my mouth were bigger:)



Daidre told the waitress that it was my birthday. I figured they were going to sing me a silly song, but instead they had me sit on a saddle and then they announced to everyone in the restaurant that is was my birthday. I thought it was totally silly and couldn't help but bust a gut. Yeehaw!!



We had two cars there, so Daidre had me go with Kent since I had never ridin with him in his speedy little car.


We then raced to the theater and saw the movie Ironman. It was a great movie. Check out my stash of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in my purse on the floor. Daidre found them on clearance at the store for $1 a bag. She bought them out and we keep all of them in the freezer. I snack on them all day, everyday, YUM!


Daidre and Kent are so cool. They had my best friends come wish me a happy birthday at the theater. It was a blast.

When we left the theater the sky was clear and perfect for flying. Kent took us up for a night flying experience.



He had me fly for much of the flight. I was so relaxed and very confident:)


I had a huge lesson on all of the gadgets. By the end of the flight I could understand the very basics. I knew David was at home wishing he could be doing what I was doing. I wished I could trade places with him because it means so much more to him than me.

We had left all 8 kids at home watching each other. Kyli is 12 and Kara is 11 and they are used to caring for the others. We put each kid in charge of another kid and it worked pretty well. When we got home Alison was asleep on the stairs. The next day I found out that she had been sad and wanted me to come home. So she cried and waited for me on the stairs. I guess she isn't anywhere close to watching our kids while we go out. Bummer!! We'll give her another year or two.


Kipp and Emma were passed out in the hallway. All of the kids were still in their clothes, hahaha. So much for PJ's. Sadie was asleep in the downstairs recliner, upside down. We found Kati in her parents bed. Everyone else had made it to some other bed. They were just scattered all over the house:)



This was how we found the kitchen table. Actually Daidre removed the pots with the left over dinner before I took the picture. I guess cheap help isn't great help.

You may be wondering what this is. Before we left this was a double layer chocolate cake with hardly any of it eaten. I was amazed that it was gone. Maybe this is what all of them ate for dinner:)


This was the cake that is missing from the plate above. We had made it for Kent's birthday and he was the only one who had had a piece.

This is all that Kent had eaten. Eight kids really know how to polish one of these off when mom and dad are gone. I just had to laugh at how we found everything. I didn't care what the house looked like, how the kids were dressed, or where they were asleep. I was just happy that everyone had fun and were safe and sound.
Thanks Daidre and Kent for a MOST AWESOME evening!

2 comments:

Klare said...

Awww....how fun!!! Happy Birthday, late!!!! Glad you had a great evening!

DIY REDS! said...

Happy Birthday! It has been fun tracking your fun. Thanks a lot for reminding me what I am missing out on. jk. hope your trip is the best.
amy