Thursday, June 5, 2008

Texas Chapter 3 - Books, Books, and More Books!

Today we took all of the kids to the library. With 8 children choosing books we left with quiet a few. We are planning on keeping them busy for a least an hour each day reading. That won't be much to ask for a few of them that naturally love to read.






Alison ended up spending the next few hours reading and finished over half of her book. When she likes something she gets very focused.

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Summer is great for reading! I love the picture of the kids with the big stack of books--so cute!

Klare said...

Those are some cute pics. How is Alison liking the Leven Thumps book? I have always thought of checking it out, just haven't.

Jill said...

Klare,

I was hesitant to let her check it out. I always worry about the content of books. I read the cover that talked about the story and it didn't sound like there was any violence or super scary stuff. So I gave in. She finished the book in 2 days, so apparently she loved it. As you know, Alison is very sensitive and she didn't seem to have a problem with anything. If you read it, let me know what you think.