A few evenings ago Emma and Kyli took Newton, the dog, for a walk and saw a frog. Ever since then Emma had been begging to go looking for frogs at night. Daidre announced that we would be goin' on a frog hunt for family night.

Emma made sure we had a bucket to catch all of her specimens.

We weren't having much luck! Emma was getting worried.

Oh, let me explain Kipp's shoes. As we were leaving, Kipp yelled that he couldn't find his shoes, apparently this is an issue. Daidre told him that she didn't care what he had on his feet, just find something. This is what he came up with; two shopping bags. Us adults cracked up but we were impressed with his creativity.


As we walked around the pond a neighbor of theirs who's backyard backs up to the golf course announced that he had a bullfrog in his pool. We threw all of them over the fence as the father, Ted, caught the frog. It was quite exciting. Frogs are very fast in the water.

Check out the size of that frog.


On our way home we were much luckier at spotting frogs. Can you see all five of them in the bucket? This wasn't all of the frogs they caught, but this was quite a stash.
After returning home the kids took the frogs to the backyard. As they were playing with them Kyli spotted a tree frog in the grass. Emma just about died with excitement. Before you knew it his name was Kiwi, Kyli was filling up an old fish bowl with rocks and water and it was placed on the counter. Daidre was in her bedroom when all of this took place and I tried to tell the kids that I didn't think their mom wanted a frog for a pet. They wouldn't listen to me. It took much explaining about wild animals not liking to be trapped, before they (Emma) felt bad enough for the frog and let him go.





4 comments:
Oh, what fun!! My kids would have loved that.
I am dying at Kipp's "shoes"!!! I love it!!
Just love your photos Jill! Thanks.
Jill, these pictures makes me miss the outdoors- well- more than southern ca has to offer! Although I do love ca- just in a different way! You guys look like you live in a great place! I love all your pictures. You take such great ones! Your kids are soooo cute!
Hey Jill! It's your cousin, Kaitlin. I am having such a fun time reading your blog! What cute kids you have! How fun that you and Daidre live close! You guys must have so much fun letting your kids play together. I remember playing with my cousins at grandma's house and looking through your pictures reminds me of those good times. Thank goodness for blogging so that we can all keep in touch, or at least see what everyone is up to! It was good to find your blog!
Post a Comment