Thursday morning we headed to the community pool at 10 am. It was really nice because nobody was there.
The kids had a lot of fun together. I even got in the pool to race the older girls while doing laps. Since they are on swim team and practice everyday they are strong swimmers. I had a hard time keeping up. It was really good exercise.

Kipp is so funny. He found a headless Wonder Women doll at the bottom of the pool.

Jayden is starting to really love the water. He was putting his face in the water on his own and then he would say, "I'm so brave." There is a 2 foot little kids pool that is perfect for him.

Sadie was also loving the kiddy pool. For the first time ever she was plugging her nose, going under water and then swimming with just her legs across the little pool. Her little bum would stick up out of the water as she kicked. She was sooooo proud of herself. She just kept doing it over and over.

Here she is demonstrating her swimming ability in the big pool.



Here's Sadie enjoying a healthy snack, NOT. The one thing that my kids love about Aunt Daidre is that she gives them all sorts of treats. Sadie is eating a Pop Tart. I don't think my kids even knew what Pop Tarts were before this trip.

After our first hour of swimming Jayden feel asleep. I'm sooo glad he did because Alison, Sadie and I got sunburned on our shoulders and he wasn't sunburned at all:) I'm not quite sure why we got sunburned, but maybe I should have reapplied more. That was my mother-of-the-year-award for the day. I hate it when my kids get burnt. All I think of is my husbands skin cancer.
The kids had a lot of fun together. I even got in the pool to race the older girls while doing laps. Since they are on swim team and practice everyday they are strong swimmers. I had a hard time keeping up. It was really good exercise.
Kipp is so funny. He found a headless Wonder Women doll at the bottom of the pool.

Jayden is starting to really love the water. He was putting his face in the water on his own and then he would say, "I'm so brave." There is a 2 foot little kids pool that is perfect for him.

Sadie was also loving the kiddy pool. For the first time ever she was plugging her nose, going under water and then swimming with just her legs across the little pool. Her little bum would stick up out of the water as she kicked. She was sooooo proud of herself. She just kept doing it over and over.

Here she is demonstrating her swimming ability in the big pool.



Emma is doing pretty good with swimming, but I still need to watch her closely. We just need to swim a lot more so she can get stronger.
Here's Sadie enjoying a healthy snack, NOT. The one thing that my kids love about Aunt Daidre is that she gives them all sorts of treats. Sadie is eating a Pop Tart. I don't think my kids even knew what Pop Tarts were before this trip.

After our first hour of swimming Jayden feel asleep. I'm sooo glad he did because Alison, Sadie and I got sunburned on our shoulders and he wasn't sunburned at all:) I'm not quite sure why we got sunburned, but maybe I should have reapplied more. That was my mother-of-the-year-award for the day. I hate it when my kids get burnt. All I think of is my husbands skin cancer.
Why is it that this happens when we swim? Poor Emma was hurting by the end with raw toes. She wasn't the only one. Is it the chemical balance, roughness of the pool, or what?








1 comment:
Fun! Your kids will have such fond memories of this summer--you've done so many things, and you have awesome pictures to document the whole experience--even the ouchie toes!!
Post a Comment