Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Texas Chapter 14 - I Miss My Daddy

My super fun 3 weeks in Texas finally came to an end and my kids were REALLY missing their Daddy. I don't think they have ever been away from him for that long. Before I left Daidre and I had a great idea. I brought Kyli (age 12) and Kara (age 11) home with me. Daidre and Kent would catch up with their girls 3 weeks later in CA at Cousins Camp (our family reunion). So I drove for two days with 6 kids in my car. Call me crazy, but it actually was very pleasant. The kids did very well and my van was packed to the brim. Our first day of traveling we stopped at Dairy Queen for lunch. The best part was the vanilla ice cream at the end.

We drove 11 hours the first day and made it over half way to Van Horn, TX. This is the same place we stayed on the way to Houston, so it was nice to feel a little at home:).


We ate dinner at Pizza Hut. We had to wait for maybe a half hour before our food was ready so the kids just played with each and they were very thankful to be out of the car. Kara has two little plastic balls over her eyes, you aren't seeing things:)



I ordered us a medium pizza and this yummy baked pasta dish. I am proud to say that I never spent more than $20 at any meal on the way home for all 7 of us. We all shared meals and never had to bother with left overs. I always figured we would buy a smaller amount of food and then we could get more if we needed. We never needed too.




We checked into the Ramada Inn and swam for a half hour. Then everyone showered and climbed into bed to watch a little TV. We had two hotel rooms connected together. Alison, Emma, Sadie and Kyli slept in one room and I slept in the other room with Kara and Jayden. Kara loved her own bed. It was a nice set up.



We left the next morning after eating a free continental breakfast. This was the fun pool they swam in the night before. Once again we were headed out for another long day.

No comments: