I had a new experience today. I taught the Relief Society lesson at church. They asked me to substitute this past Monday and I had been stressed all week about it. I was excited for the opportunity, but very nervous because I had never taught a lesson to a room full of women. I loved it and I wish I could do it more often. I told the presidency that they could call me anytime to fill in. I loved it because I got so much out of it, through studying, and I love hearing comments and experiences from the women as I go through the material.
Since I have moved to AZ I haven't really felt like myself. But today I felt like I was in my element. It brings me comfort to know that I'm starting to feel comfortable once more in my ward family. We had just started feeling like we belonged in our last ward, right before we had to move again and make a change. I'm so thankful for the organization of this gospel. It is so wonderful to have an instant "family" no matter where I live. It just takes a little time to get to know everyone. Unfortunately they all know my name, but I can hardly remember theirs.
The two speakers in sacrament today spoke on graditude. They did an excellent job and helped me realize how I need to do better. Therefore I will end my blog with a little bit of graditude today. I am thankful for my family, especially for a husband who loves me even when I'm stuggling and probably not a very nice person. He amazes me with his paitence and depth of wisdom in spiritual matters. I'm thankful for a Savior who loves me so much that he suffereded for my sins. I'm thankful for the atonement. That I have the knowledge that if I do my best and still fall short, that He will make up the difference. How grateful I am to know that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me. Just knowing that little bit makes me wants to be better and do better. I want so badly to please my Father in Heaven so I can someday be with him again. That's why I have been struggling so. I am having to grow stronger in so many ways to prove to Him that I will not waiver. Relying on the Lord in all that I do is something that I am growing to deeply understand as I go through each struggle. I can almost feel myself growing spiritually taller each day. It's been a very painful process, but one that I can really say is worth it.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow Jill! I wish I could say that I am growing spiritualy taller. However, you always were a great example to me. I hear you about getting used to a ward. We totally miss you here, that's for sure! Congrats on your first RS lesson.
Post a Comment