Thursday, March 6, 2008

Catching up on other stuff.

Jayden is so determined to be independent in the kitchen. He loves to "help." When he wants to bake he says "Let's make sugar." He knows the right ingredient for the yummy stuff. I have to watch him like a hawk when I'm cooking at the stove. He will push over a chair to stand on, grab my utensil, and while stirring the boiling whatever he says "that's hot." Those are the words I'm usually saying to try and keep him from wanting to "help," but he just uses those words as a statement.

Here he is trying to help with the french toast. He's either going to be a chef or a dentist because he is often also found brushing his teeth in the bathroom. He has been doing that since he could walk.



Sadie is taking after her sisters. She dressed her stuffed animal using paper, markers, scissors, and a baby wipe for the skirt.

On a different note. David went in to see the doctor recently to get some unusual spots on his neck and forhead checked out. This new doctor in AZ takes biopsys first. The spot on his forhead was found to be the usual basil cell cancer, that was expected and it is easy to remove. However, the one on his neck came up as melanoma skin cancer, which was a surprise since it looked nothing like what the experts say melanoma is suppose to look like. He spoke to a different doctor today, a surgen, and he took a second biopsy to make sure. We will know next week if it comes back as melanoma a second time. If so, they will probably do a catscan of his neck to check his lymph nodes and then surgery to dig in deep to get it all. The first biopsy said that it was at a stage 2 (I think there are 5 stages) and the doctor said that there is a 90% cure rate. David is not very worried. I'm not super worried, but it is still weighing on my mind. We saw the spot almost a year ago and it looked like his usual basil cell cancer and we didn't get to it right away. It bothers me that we waited. I will keep you up-dated with what we find out. His biopsy results come back next Thursday. Just when you think life is tough, it just gets tougher, and then tougher some more. I'm doing my best to stay strong. I have now started a goal of attending the temple once a week. I left at 6am last Saturday by myself. I plan on doing that every Saturday morning. David and I will go together once a month. I know that it will help bring me the peace and strength that I need. I LOVE the temple!

3 comments:

Klare said...

Those pics of Jayden remind me so much of Dennam. You are a trooper to let your kids in the kithen, I can't stand little ones in the kithen. Drives me nuts.
Sadie is so cute and getting just as crafty as her sisters.
So sorry to hear about Dave, it is just never ending sometimes. We will keep Dave and your family in our prayers. Going to the Temple is an awesome way to help you, I really need to do that myself.
You're awesome Jill!!

Taylor Family said...

Your kids are so creative! I love seeing the things they come up with! I will never forget the nativity Emma made--so wonderful! Thanks for sharing their talents with all of us, and thanks for letting us know about Dave--you've got our prayers.

themayerfamily said...

Jill, it's amazing the things the Lord thinks we can handle. I agree, it seems that life isn't just about getting a trial lifted, but actually enduring so much. I am so glad we have the temple--for many reasons. I'm praying for you--hope you put your name on the prayer role. Your kids are so cute. I love Jaiden in the kitchen. hillarious. We miss you!