This past Friday night we attended the Easter Pageant in Mesa. The pageant tells of the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. We saw it last year and it is definitely something wonderful to attend every year. It really helps one feel the spirit of what Easter really represents. I want my kids to know the importance of this holiday and how much I love my Savior.
Today I was asked to help in junior and senior primary at church. The children learned about the true meaning of Easter by opening up Easter Eggs and finding an object inside that symbolized something having to do with the final stages of Christ’s life and death. The last egg they opened was empty, representing the empty tomb. Right at that moment I came in, dressed as Mary Magdalene and speaking as if I were her. I told of what happened as I went to the tomb, how I felt, what I experienced, and then the wonderful moment of seeing the resurrected Christ. I bore testimony of its truth. The children, who had been restless, were now still and wide eyed. I hope they felt the spirit as strong as I. I was so thankful for the chance I had to sit and ponder Mary Magdalene’s role. I know my Savior lives and I have felt his love and healing power.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey, we did the same thing in our sharing times! But we didn't have anyone dressed up as Mary, that is an awesome idea. I will have to tell my Presidency that one.
Post a Comment