Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Best Mother's Day Ever

My Mother's Day weekend was the best ever this year. My super supportive father paid for a photography workshop for me to attend and my super supportive husband watched the kids from 8:45 am to 7:30 pm while I was gone on Saturday. You can veiw some of the pictures on my other blog http://www.jillthenewme.blogspot.com/
When I returned home on Saturday night David had made dinner and fed the kids. I hadn't even suggested anything for dinner. I was very amazed. I had returned home 2 hours later than I had told him, so he pulled it off on his own. My cell phone had died so he couldn't even call me. It was really nice to have him work it all out on his own. I came home to a clean house, thank you girls and David, and there were flowers on the counter for me.

The next morning Alison and Emma really wanted to make me breakfast, but since church started at 8 am, I told them my morning gift could be that we would be on time to church (sitting on a soft seat instead of hard chairs way in the back). We made it and got to sit on the second row. I loved watching my three girls sing me my Mother's Day songs with be smiles on their faces. If I waved at Emma or Sadie they would beam even brighter. After church David and the girls made me an omelete and let me take a nap:)
That night we ate at Jess and Nichole's, thanks for the yummy dinner guys. I had such a wonderful weekend and to top it off I asked Nichole to take a picture of me with my kids for Mother's Day. She did a great job. I love having a photograpy buddy!




1 comment:

Klare said...

Isn't great to have a nice Mother's Day? And it is even better when it last's a whole weekend! I got a nice Mother's Day weekend myself.
Happy (late) Mother's Day!!