Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kittens Are To Die For...

...at least my kids think so. We picked fresh grapefruits from a family in our ward and got to see their baby kittens. 4 out of the 5 kittens have future homes already and they are trying to find a home for the last one. Alison got the idea that we should be the owners of the last one. To tell you the truth, I was even tempted as long as it stayed outside, but we are not allowed to have pets at the rental we are in. David, however, was very firm in saying NO! Alison just about died. She was trying to figure out a way to get that kitty that she had already named. In fact, the next day while David was trying to help her with her math, she got frustrated and mad at him. She ended up placing a note out for him to see that said, "If you want to know where I am, shout to me that you are sorry and also that you will get me a kitten. You have to promise or I won't come out." I am quite impressed with her ability to think up such clever ideas:) Unfortunately for her, David found her without having to call out. I have no idea where her super strong drive to accomplish what she wants comes from:) Thank goodness for experiences such as these that keep me smiling.

This kitty was the girls favorite. They named it Curious.

This is the mother of the 5 kittens.

1 comment:

Klare said...

My kids would be dying to have a cat too, if we were around one. I would probably be the one to cave but Darren won't ever. He might come home one day and there will be an animal. Yah, I don't know if I am that brave. ;)