(Sadie with Mrs. DJ)
Just when I had finally posted how well Sadie was doing, we seemed to start regressing with her anxiety. I think it was brought on by all the change that was coming her way. School ending, NEVER seeing her 1st teacher again, saying goodbye to her friends, saying goodbye to R. Elementary....and so on. She began to repeat some of her famous lines....such as, "I don't want to go to school, I don't feel good, I'm scared of so-and-so because they are coughing:( Sadie literally jumps out of her skin and goes on high alert when someone coughs, sneezes, or does something that she fines threatening. She has been known to run and hide.
I decided that I needed to talk to the principle of her new school so they could place her with a teacher that has GREAT PATIENCE:) Sadie needs a teacher who can love her and work with her. So the principle at H. Elementary had Sadie come in the day after school got out to meet her new teacher for the 2nd grade. We took a picture of the two of them together so we can look at and talk about Mrs. DJ alllllllll summer. We are hoping that this will help the transition. The ONE question she had for Mrs. DJ, which she whispered into my ear so I could repeat it for her, was "Do kids get sick (aka throw up) in your class." She was relieved to know that Mrs. DJ has NEVER had a kid "get sick" in her class yet. Let's hope (please oh please) that it stays that way:)



No comments:
Post a Comment