Thursday, June 3, 2010

My best yard sale find yet!!!


Every once in a while I go yard sale-ing. I had been wanting a propane bbq for a long time. It gets so hot in AZ, that I hate to turn on my stove or oven in the summer. It just heats up the house, makes my A/C turn on more, and then it costs me more money:( So I recently found a bbq at a yard sale for $25. I couldn't believe my eyes. That fit my little budget:) It needed some TLC and the ignition switch was broken, but you can just light it manually. I had the nerve to ask for it for only $20 and he said yes. Yipppppeeee!!!



I scrubbed it down and Ta Da.....beautiful.



It has a burner on the right side and it is also set up to be used as a rotisserie. I have already cooked hamburgers, chicken, squash, and corn on the cob. It doesn't cook completely even all over, but I've already got the hand of it and I LOVE IT. I call this "My-Heavenly-Father-Loves-Me-BBQ.!!!!"

2 comments:

The Piepers said...

What a great find!!! I think I need to go garage sale-ing again. But it's so HOT, I don't want to go outside to cook either!! :P

Jill said...

Shelly, I don't want to cook outside either....but it keeps my house cool and costs less and that makes me happy:)