Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Day of School


June 3rd was the last day of school. The last day that all three of my girls will ever be at the same school at the same time. Alison goes off to Junior High next year....whimper....whimper! I can't believe she is that old.



The last time I will see all three of them walk to the same bus stop:(




For the last two years they have ridden on a short bus. This bus is designated for those with special needs. However, since Alison was in the gifted program at a school, outside our assigned school, they would pick up my three girls too. This was such a neat experience for them. They have learned to love and enjoy those with special needs. Alison is a natural at that, but my other girls are not. This has allowed them to understand and enjoy these special kids. They often came home telling me that they read books to them or they let them draw on their papers. They also were quick to say hi to them if they ran into them at school functions or around town. I'm thankful for the short bus:)



I had made homemade bread and strawberry jam to give to each teacher as a thank you on the last day. I caught Alison writing thank you notes to more than her teacher. She wrote to the staff, the P.E. teachers, and the lunch ladies. She wanted to thank those that don't usually get thanked. She has such a big heart.



Emma created her own card to give to her teacher. She woke up extra early to make it. I'm always amazed at what she comes up with. Her teacher's favorite color is purple and her favorite flower is a tulip. She made sure to include these two things in the card. Her teacher was awesome this year and praised Emma up and down for her artistic abilities! We will miss Miss M.

No comments: