Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Garden Update


I know I just wrote about our garden a month ago, but now we are now getting food!! We just started eating some of our squash last week and boy is it yummy!


Jayden wanted to be the "Vanna White" of the garden this morning, before he got dressed:)



This is one of the winter squashes that we planned. There is only a 2 week period in the spring to plant them. We thought we would try it and this squash is huge!! I wonder what it will taste like?


This is one of our miniature watermelons. There are around 25 so far on the two plants. I really hope they turn out:)



Here's the other winter squash. I think it's a butternut.



We have one strawberry plant and I wish we had 50. Each little strawberry that ripens is like an explosion in your mouth. I can't believe how yummy they are. We cut each strawberry into 6 pieces and we all share it....hard to believe we can taste sooooo much out of one tiny piece.



Zucchini


Gotta love Jayden in his gardening gidup:) He wanted a picture next to our HUGE green onions. We are not eating them fast enough. Now they are bigger than I've ever seen one. Not sure if that's the best way to eat them, but we have no choice when we can't eat them fast enough:)

No comments: