On Wednesday April 14th, David took the kids out for a bike ride at dust. I was not with them and therefore did not see what happened. Apparently Emma was riding her bike while holding onto some ribbon that she had tied to her handle bars. She liked to pretend she was riding a horse and not a bike. All went bad, when she decided to race her sister Alison while holding onto the ribbon. She was on the dirt and as soon as her wheel hit a bump, ditch, hole, or whatever it was, her wheel sharply turned and sent her flying off her bike. David said there was nothing graceful about her fall:(
I got home from my meeting at 7:30pm to find Emma in tears, scraped up, and David suggesting she go to urgent care. Since urgent care closed at 8pm, I immediately raced her down with out cleaning up her scrapes. I didn't want to deal with ER. They found a fracture and sent her home in a splint.
We didn't get home until 9:45pm and she insisted on going to school the next day because they were doing state testing and she HAD to be there. Her teacher was very impressed with her dedication:)
The next week went to a specialist where they determined that she had a buckle fracture and needed a cast for only 3 weeks. She picked GREEN for the cast....her favorite color!



No comments:
Post a Comment