Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Poor Little Buddy


This morning I took Jayden in to get some dental work done. He was so awesome. I was so impressed. He was an angel and so very brave. I brought him home for some breakfast with a numb lip. He had a Spiderman Popsicle, for being so brave, and a cold smoothy. I didn't want him to bite his lip. I had to get my girls ready for swimming lessons, so I laid him in front of a movie while I lathered the girls up with lotion.



As he was watching the movie, he was apparently gnawing on his bottom lip like it was a piece of meat. I just about died when I saw his bloody lip. It didn't even cross my mind that he would just CHEW on it. I was worried about him biting it while he ate, not while he just sat to watch a movie. His lip swelled up like a balloon. In these pictures the swelling is down quite a bit, but its gotta hurt.



Jayden LOVES to make jello jigglers. So we did this to occupy his time.



His lip is actually doing way better than I antisipated. He isn't even acting like it hurts, yippee for the mommy.

1 comment:

Klare said...

I can't believe they didn't warn you to keep an eye on him at all times until the numbness wore off. At my office we always warned parents. That happened to one child even after we warned the mother, she brought her back to ask what we did to her lip, we told her her daughter chewed and took a picture for our keeping to show parents what can happen if they don't keep an eye on them. The picture worked.
So sorry but I'm glad he hasn't complained about it!