We visited the snow in the local mountains. My girls had been asking to see snow. Since we were in CA, we went to find some. Sadie and I built a minuature snowman. There was very little snow and what was there was almost as hard as a rock, but it had to do.
Alison and Emma built three on their own.
Christmas morning at the Rich's. We shared christmas morning with David's sister, Christine and her family and Grandma and Grandpa Rich.
David still continues to try and build Arizona Milkman. He has picked up a second job while he continues to do so. He stays very busy and is enjoying his new calling of Webelos leader to the 10 year old boys at church.
We went to the park with all of the Rich cousins. They had a blast running from Uncle Aaron as he chased them all over the play structure.
Jayden is so much fun. I love his very talkative stage. He repeats anything you say and surprises me with phrases like, "Oh my Heavens!" The other day he gave me a hug and said, "I'm so glad you are here." It is fun to see him enjoy the "boy" things around him. He yells out "Football" everytime he sees a game being played on TV. You will find him holding or driving his small hand held motorcycle and "motorcycle man" around the house. We are thoroughly enjoying having a boy.

When David was a boy his uncle made him and his siblings stilts. His dad pulled them out of the garage and we were all determined to try. The kids had a lot of fun, including the adults. Kelli, my sister-in-law won the chicken fights among the adult girls. She's brutal :).
Lessons Learned
My blog should have been named "My journey and lessons learned," because it is me that is needing to learn so many lessons. This past year of 2007 has been a very hard one for me. Moving twice and having a husband start his own business has had me feeling completely out of control at times. I would have to say that it has been the hardest year of my life. I have had to learn some pretty important lessons and I am still trying to learn all that I am suppose to. I am a very independant person who likes to take care of myself and help others around me. This year I have had to learn how to allow others to help me and to stop trying to do everything myself. I have had to turn it all over to the Lord and plead with Him to give me strength. That has been my biggest lesson. I found out that no matter how hard I try, I can't do it myself. I have formed some very important scripture study habits this year. I have learned that I can't survive without those words of counsel each day. I just received a new calling at church as the Activity Day Leader for the 8 year girls. I am so excited because I now get to attend Relief Society and Gosphel Doctrine class each Sunday. I have never been able to attend due to callings that I have had. I feel like I need to be in those classes more than ever. They are helping me see and learn things that are very important lessons. I am determined to keep up with and study the class material before each class so that I can get as much out of them as I can. So don't be surprised when you find "My lessons learned" on my blog along with other fun stuff. It is very theraputic for me to write them down and ponder them (yes, I take after my father). If you don't want to read my babble, then just skipp it and move on. I will never know:). This is more for me than for you anyways:). I hope that 2008 is a great year for everyone. We start off ours by baptizing Emma on Feb. 23. We are very excited.



2 comments:
Eve was the same way with Preschool. She liked Kindergarten but LOVES first grade. Hopefully Sadie will soon love it all too.
Emma and Eve are so much alike! Eve is always jealous of the cars and stuff that Dennam gets. She and Dennam each got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for Christmas and you would think it is a stuffed animal or something the way she loves that thing. Too funny.
Looking back, some of the hardest times in life are also some of the sweetest, in that much growth is made and the Lord's love is apparent, despite the difficulties. Hope 2008 brings you much joy, without too much of the hard stuff!
Post a Comment