During our two week spring break we were invited by our friends to their family cabin. My friend, Michelle, has 3 boys and 1 girl, the exact opposite of me. They are all very close in age too. We left our husbands behind to work and we were off to have fun and relax. We expected the weather to be cool and dry, but as we pulled up, to our surprise, we saw patches of...

SNOW!!!
The kids were SO excited. Out came the sleds:) It was one quick sled ride before they hit the dirt!!
Sadie turned 7 years old while we were there. I had forgotten to bring candles with me. So Michelle and I dug through the drawers and cupboards until we found some. They had been slightly used, but they would do the job.
To our surprise, they were "trick" candles that wouldn't blow out. The kids got a kick out of that.
The next day war lines were quickly drawn for snowball fights. Boys against Girls!! There were freezing hands and toes....along with some tears when one of my girls got nailed:) I had to explain to them the reality of playing with boys. BOYS AREN'T NICE:)
Wet feet, bums, knees, and hands became muddy and too cold to play!! I had packed light and didn't bring extra shoes. I didn't know there would be snow!!
This is how my freezing boy would get warm. I'd place his dirty, wet shoes and pants in the dryer to dry. Many of the kids did that day and I had to scrub the dryer clean that night.
The next day we did some exploring. For the most part the kids explored on their own while us women read, cooked, and played games. It was perfect. But this time we took them a little further.
What!?! Another snow patch. SNOW BALL FIGHT!!
Check out their miniature snowman:) Can you see it yet?
We had one night where we had ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT s'mores....YUMMY! We also had Michelle's twin sister, husband, and 5 kids come and join us. Now we had 4 adults and 13 kids with us. With plenty of outdoor activities for the kids and 3 women in the kitchen, things ran pretty smooth. It was still surprisingly relaxing.
A tree that is only conquered by the big, brave kids:)
Sadie taught Jayden how to do the monkey bars. He was very excited and proud of himself. What a big boy he is becoming.
We had a great time and came home with plenty of muddy clothes, shoes, and fun memories:) We are thankful for great friends that are willing to share in their fun!!







No comments:
Post a Comment