Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Alison ACTUAL birthday DAY:)

In the previous post I explained what we did for Alison's 12th birthday. That was actually a week late. I had been planning her surprise special day for over a month. She was dying for that day to come, but at 5:30 am on that special day, she woke up sick.....real sick!! She spent the WHOLE day in bed. She was SO disappointed!! She tried so hard, not to be sick....but it didn't work.



Both of her Grandparent's had come from CA to watch her and Emma in a huge piano ensemble. I had driven them out to Mesa each week for a month so they could practice for this fun event. She was even going to meet Jon Schmidt. He's one of my favorite piano players and I've had a couple of his CD's playing at my house for 15 years. They were so excited to meet him and watch him perform......BUT she was sick. We had to leave her at home and take Emma; how lonely:(



Here is Emma at the morning rehearsal.


Alison and Emma were suppose to sit at the same piano and play their duet with 48 other kids, but Emma had to be brave and do it by herself. I was very proud of her.



Emma got her book signed by Jon Schmidt. She was very excited and pleased. She did an excellent job that night. Way to go Emma!!


No comments: