This morning I received a phone call and found out that a girl I visit teach, Kari, who has a beautiful 6 month old baby girl, just found out last night that her daughter has cancer. Her daughter all of a sudden had two black eyes and Kari was baffled with how that happened. After a trip to the doctor and then to ER, they found a huge tumor on her kidney, that was in the fourth out of five stages of cancer. The tumor is too big to remove so they have to do kemo, which they hope to start in a couple of days. I have included a picture of sweet little Bree with her two black eyes. Bree has two older brothers. Her oldest brother, who is 5 (I think), has down syndrome (which was a total surprise since he was born to young parents) and then she has a 3 year old brother who is fine.
My heart just aches for this young family, but it also reminds me of how thankful I am to have the gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings such peace to know that they can be a forever family, no matter what happens to Bree. I don't know if I could even bare that type of burden if I didn't have the knowledge that I do have. I hope to be greatly involved in serving Kari and her family. She has a huge ward family that is right here waiting to help. Tomorrow I take them dinner and I plan on finding out how I can help with her boys and what ever needs to be done. I love having a ward family that is quick to care for each other. I know that we are all just waiting to be asked to help. What a blessing. I will keep this situation updated. This family is such a wonderful family. I know I will learn much from them. Our whole ward is fasting for Bree on Thursday.



5 comments:
She is so beautiful. I tell you this is the week of baby woes. My neice fell off the counter sunday and had to go to the hospital, but is fine. Then my neighbor had to take her two week old son to the ER Sunday night because he suddenly got a high fever. I had her kids until this evening- they are still trying to figure out the problem. Your post makes me sad but yes reminds me of the eternal perspective. Wish I could help them as well, you're such a good friend to all Jill.
How do people cope without faith? When I hear about things like this, my heart aches, but it especially aches when people don't have faith. I'm so thankful for the gospel!
What a sweet little girl!!!! That just breaks my heart! I wish the best for that family!
Oh, about the down syndrome boy, I remember my midwife in WA saying that there really is no ryhme or reason on who can have a down syndrome baby. At that time she had delivered about 4,000 babies and only 4 of them were down syndrome, so she said statistics were right on every one out 1000 babies are down syndrome. But the babies all came from a big range on ages, from a teenage girl to an older age women. Just thought that was interesting. :)
How sad! I can't imagine what that family must be going through. Things like that make me realize how fragile life really is, and how unimportnant all the extra "stuff" in life can be, besides family.
Post a Comment