My friend, Michelle, was brave enough to invite the kids and I up to their families cabin that her grandfather built. It was located about 30-45mins out of Payson, AZ. It took us a couple of hours to get there (actually more because we made a wrong turn:) and we were sooooo excited to be in a place that required a sweater in the evening. Yippeee!!! It was a two story cabin. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and family room down stairs. Upstairs was a HUGE loft with 8 bed of all different sizes (Jayden and I got the king size:) We all slept upstairs and had a party.

We enjoyed going on walks with the kids each day. The first day we picked apples from wild apple trees. They weren't really ripe, but it was fun to experience it.


The second day we followed a dry stream bed. 

My girls enjoyed stuffing their pockets and sweater hoods with apples.

The second day we followed a dry stream bed.

Michelle has 3 boys and then one girl. The exact opposite of me and all of them are close to the same age. (The oldest boy stayed back at the cabin during this hike.) They really enjoyed playing together and Emma said she had a crush on Tate who is in the orange shirt. He actually sits next to her in school. They are in the same class. I need to keep my eye on Emma:)
The kids loved blowing the dandelions that dotted the ground.
We found wild berry bushes and the kids loved snacking on them.

Emma was determined to bring some back to the cabin. She carried them in her hand the whole way back. It took a while for her hand to turn back to color.

One highlight was roasting marshmallows over an open fire. Yummy!!!

They had all sorts of kid friendly activities around the cabin. One was a rope swing.

Emma was determined to bring some back to the cabin. She carried them in her hand the whole way back. It took a while for her hand to turn back to color.

One highlight was roasting marshmallows over an open fire. Yummy!!!

They had all sorts of kid friendly activities around the cabin. One was a rope swing.













4 comments:
What a fun place! It looks like a wonderful time was had by all.
How fun Jillina! I wanna go. Did you cordinate all the kids outfits? They look great in the pictures and they are all getting so biggggggggggggggggggg. Time flies!
So, I decided to check out your blog, to see if I have missed anything lately, and I look and see that I have missed your last 6 posts!!! How did that happen!?! Blogger isn't doing it's job right in telling me that you have a new post. Darn blogger.
Well, as always, cute, cute pictures! You guys always seem to have tons of fun. You need to teach me. ;)
Love ya!
It looks like you had a lot of fun at the cabin. I think I want one of my own. Cute pictures.
Post a Comment