I have often thought how lucky I am to have such awesome siblings that care for one another and actually.... GET ALONG. I love spending time with them and all of us love to tease and joke with one another. My older sister Daidre and I have become very close over the last 8 years. When we are together it is so easy. We work very well together with our 8 kids and we are happy. Last summer I drove to Texas and spent 3 weeks with her and this year she came my way and spent 3 weeks with me. We love it. This year, however, she isn't driving back to Texas. She is on her way for a year-long adventure with her 4 kids. She is renting a fully furnished house in Provo, and finishing her last few classes at BYU to finally get her BA degree. She almost finished it about 15 years ago, but her husband graduated first and his work took them to NY before she could finish. Now due to certain circumstances she has the opportunity to finish now and she is taking it. She is amazing!!!

This is her Hero shot:) She packed everything she could in her TINY Nissan Quest. All 4 kids had to only take their necessities and planned on finding other things at yard sales when she got there. All she had for her kitchen was a crockpot.

She was very smart and purchased vacuum bags to stuff all of their winter clothes, blankets, and a couple necessary stuffed animals for her 7 year old. They had been sitting in my SUPER HOT garage for three weeks and therefore I helped her suck more air back out of the bags.

She fit soooooo much stuff up on top of her car. The roof was even sagging:)

Next were the bikes....that was a little tricky fitting 5 bikes on the back, but she plans on spending a lot of time with her kids on them. They were very important.

We were DYING in the Arizona sun, so I finally stood their and held my beach umbrella over her while she finished. I'm sure we looked very silly, but that just made us laugh even more.
I so badly wish I was with her in Utah; to help and support her. It's hard to watch someone you love do hard things. I talk to her everyday and that is the best I can do from so far away. I'm going to spend a week with her in Oct. and I am SO excited. We are going to have a blast. Daisy may even join us and that just makes it perfect. I admire Daidre's strength, courage, and drive. She is definitely a hero in my eyes.
Sept. 2nd is her birthday. I wish I was going to be there to take her to lunch, play games, go window shopping, and end the day with a Sinful Sundae at Outback. For now she will just have to wait until Oct. I love you, Daidre!! Happy Birthday!!



3 comments:
Well said Jilly Raed
I love you too Daidre. Thank you for being strong for our children. I'm proud of you.
Aunt Janna
"your children"
Post a Comment