Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting To Know Jayden At Age 3

On December 4th I got Jayden dressed, grabbed a few of his favorite things and headed out to the front yard with my camera. There are certain details that I just don't want to forget when he gets older. It is so much fun to have a little boy and see how different he is from his sisters. So here are a few of his favorite things.

Jets are definitely at the top of the list. David loves airplanes and therefore will show Jayden videos on YouTube of airplanes and jets flying. Jayden begs to watch a video with military jets ripping through the air. He LOVES it and I love to watch him make the jet sound as he flies his toy jet around.


"Cars" has been his very favorite movie for quite awhile. He runs around the house, the park, outside, sounding like a car and saying "I'm fast like Lightning McQueen."



This little pamphlet came inside the "Cars" DVD. It shows all of the different characters. He loves to ask me which one I'd like to be. I always tell him Sally and he seems very pleased.



Playing with cars are one of his favorite past times. We actually set up a track that starts on the couch, has pillows holding it in place, down to the coffee table, over more pillows, and on to the ground. He stands on a bench behind the couch and one by one watches the cars race down the track. When he has friends over we usually pull out this activity and it keeps them busy for quite some time.



We lined up some of his favorite things. All of these things have one thing in common. They all have a motor. He LOVES to see an engine in a car or hear a motorcycle pass by. He will look behind every car to count how many exhausts they have. When we go to Uncle Jessy's house he has to go to the garage and see the race car Jess is building. When we go to Grandpa's Dennis' house he has to go into his garage (often) and check out his fast race car's exhaust. He is too scared to ride in them, due to the loud motor (funny I know, but very typical of my children), but he loves to just gaze upon them.



My silly boy that loves to laugh. Notice the chocolate in his teeth. I was feeding him chocolate chips to keep him interested in what I was doing:)


And there it is. A perfectly happy 3 year old boy who loves anything with an engine. I'm so glad Heavenly Father blessed me with this adorable boy. Now if he could just stop screaming at the top of his lungs every time his sisters get in his way, life would be perfect. But that would be boring, Right?

1 comment:

Klare said...

So cute!! He and Ryder are related w/ the whole screaming at their siblings thing. That will end one day, right? :)