
While walking with my husband one night we went past this grassy hill. I got the great idea of teaching my kids what ice blocking was. I loved it as a youth. Unfortunately my husband had NEVER experienced the joy of sliding down a grassy hill on his frozen bum. I couldn't wait to share the fun.

I hand shucked the block of ice myself...right in the freezer in the garage. Next time we need two blocks so we can have races.

By the end, Alison had figured out how to do a 360 degree spin on the ice before she hit the bottom of the hill....really cool!


Between David and I as parents, I'm not sure how "normal" our kids are going to turn out. Dang...I love ice blocking.







3 comments:
Wow your on a posting roll and I'm on a commenting one :-) I loved ice blocking as a kid tooooo! It seems like it wouldn't be as fun now cuz I'm to heavy for the ice to carry me down. Hmmmmmmmm
Wow, David had never been ice blocking before?!? I thought he grew up in CA! ;-)
Looks like fun. My kids want to go so bad. Just need to find a good hill.
We went ice blocking as young adults in Boise, ID on this killer hill. It reminded me of a ski jump but in grass. I only went half way up the hill as the top was really steep. The bad part was that the street was at the bottom of the hill and if you were going to fast you ended up in the street. Another reason I started only half way up the hill.
Post a Comment