Friday, March 13, 2009

The Perfect Night By Alison Rich

I lay awake in bed
not able to fall asleep.
I look out my window
at the night.
I expect it to be dark
but I see the moon
shedding its light
on the world.
I could see its rays
shining through the
night's thin mist.
I open the window.
The cold night air
greets me.
An owl hoots nearby.
I climb out of bed
and walk out the
front door.
The night was calling me.
I stand under the night sky
feeling the rays of the
moon soak into my soul.
I look up.
The dazzling stars
overtake the sky.
Every constellation is visable.
I feel a rythm start
in my heart.
I start to dance.
The stars seem
to dance with me.
The frosty grass numbs
my feet but I do not care.
I don't have a care
in the world when
I dance with the
moon and the stars.

4 comments:

DIY REDS! said...

holy hannah! are you sure she is not older by like twenty years? that was a really good poem. you should submit that to the church magazines for the yearly contest. tell her amy said she did a great job.
see you in cali? (my mom-in-law never told me yes or no)

Taylor Family said...

Wow! That girl has talent!

Klare said...

So awesome.

Cece Girl said...

What a talented girl! Love it. Get her on Kidpub!